My professional activities are in Glaciology and Climate Research, including Geoengineering.
- How are glaciers in Tibet, Svalbard and Antarctica behaving now?
- What do ice cores from Svalbard and Antarctic tell us about climate history?
- What will changing climate do to glaciers in Tibet and the polar regions?
The tools we use to answer these questions are
- Ice core chemical analysis to extract past climate information
- Earth System Models on super computers to simulate the response of the earth to changing climate
- Mathematical modelling and analysis of the climate records and glacier evolution